Saturday, January 26, 2013

Just for starters

The sidebar says it all.  The first post is always the hardest so i will begin with photos of three of my most recent bargains!  Excited wasn't the word when I found these...


This gorgeous Betty Jackson waterfall cardigan was tucked away in my local CASE charity shop and cost me £1.50.  It's washed up beautifully, is a gorgeous mellow yellow and will go with the majority of my wardrobe, so I know I'll wear it til it falls off me.  Good result there then!



This is a beeeeutiful Monsoon skirt, size 8, bought on eBay for £4.99 (+£2.50 p&p).  This is one of my most expensive second hand buys ever but I couldn't resist it.  Will go lovely with a plain black top for a night out with hubby.  In the meantime I'll just keep taking it out the wardrobe and look at it!



Now here's a story....!  I was in Lidl, saw this lonely Amarylis just sitting by itself without a label or tag and took it along to the checkout.  The checkout lad had no idea what it was, held it up and shouted for one of the staff to go and find a barcode for it... and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, a lot of confusion and a rapidly growing, impatient queue behind me, I was given it for precisely nothing, yes nothing!!

The thing is, I love to grow an Amarylis every year, I just adore the huge, gorgeous flower, and I seriously cannot wait for this one to bloom, so to get it for nothing?  Am squealing, just as well you can't hear me!

Be back soon!

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment