Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vote YES!

A very quick Post just to mark tomorrow.  A moment in History.  To say I feel emotional is an understatement.  I've been to hear Alex Salmond, I've been to hear Nicola Sturgeon, I've attended some rallies and I've met some wonderful canvassers along the way.  I will miss all this after tomorrow; the atmosphere, the camerarderie, the buzz and the excitement...

But I hope so very very much that Yes will win.  Scotland deserves to be independent, it can do it, it can do it easily and I so very much hope that the appalling bias from the media hasn't put too many people off or convinced them not to take the risk.

I've lived in this country for more than half of my lifetime.  I've married a Scotsman, I've got Scottish children and I've always felt completely welcome here.  This is my home and I want to live in an Independent Scotland!

Think of us all tomorrow.  Apparently 94% have registered to vote which is unprecedented.  Over 80% are predicted to turn up.  Again, unprecedented.  And the atmosphere?  Unbelievable!!!

So here's hoping my next Post will come from an Independent Scotland!



Be back soon!

Wendy x

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to the Yes campaign; I would be sad to see Scotland go, but completely agree that if that's what the Scottish electorate want, then that's what they should have. If I lived in Scotland, I'd be voting for independence too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck from the other side of the world Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the vote, Wendy!

    (I'm so glad I finally found your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Here is the states we just heard the results of the vote. I'm so sorry for you. But that doesn't make you any less Scottish. Hug!!

    ReplyDelete